There are many things I want/need to post as I embark on a new goal to keep our blog updated. However, I must begin with the arrival of Allison Grace. For those who did not hear about her grand entrance, Allison arrived on March 27, one month early, while we were in Denver to take Conner to some appointments at Children's Hospital. The story is quite long, but since it was almost seven months ago, I will give the quick version. The day began with a visit to my doctor to make sure I was okay to travel over Vail pass to Denver. I was having mild, pain-free, braxton hicks contractions, but he said they were indeed false contractions, and that I was nowhere near going into labor. He told us to have a good trip. About the time we stopped in Silverthorne to eat dinner I was no longer pain-free, in fact I was in quite a bit of pain, about every 10-15 minutes. We kept telling ourselves to listen to the doctor, and that this false labor would go away soon. We got to our hotel in Denver about 9 pm and went to sleep. Well, everyone but me went to sleep. I couldn't because I was still in a good (great!) amount of pain. With help from the hotel concierge, the local fire department, an ambulance, and Rose Medical Center, Allison made her grand entrance at 2:15 in the morning, only 5 minutes after Keir arrived at the hospital. She is a happy, healthy, beautiful little girl. Here are some pics from the last seven months. I only hope her grand entrance is not a sign of things to come!
2 comments:
Wow. What an interesting birth story. Glad you found me on facebook. You have a cute family.
She's so cute! Are you loving all things girl? I jealous it was so quick....really I'm way over giving birth:) Okay, maybe six months is too soon to forget it all!
Post a Comment