Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pouring Concrete

For several weeks now, Conner & Cayden's favorite thing to do, is to pretend to go to work. Every morning we say goodbye to dad, and tell him to have a good day at work.  Sometimes we even visit him at work.  I think they would go with him every day if they could.  They love their dad, and they love what dad does.  The rocks, dumpsters, excavators, concrete trucks, loaders. . . what more could a boy want?  Well, I am trying very hard to let them be creative, and play "work" at home, but I have to admit, it is trying my patience.  At least three days a week, "work" consists of pouring (Keir would correct us and say placing) concrete in the playroom. Our playroom has built in shelves on either side, and the bottom row of shelves has 12 different baskets full of a variety of toys.  Pouring concrete means they gather ALL TWELVE baskets, one at a time in our play shopping cart, and pour (dump) them on the floor.  They then take turns with our noisy push roller thing from Ikea smoothing out the concrete.  See for yourself.  
The biggest problem is that the concrete is way more than a 2 & 4 year old can clean up, and mom ends up "working" all afternoon so we have somewhere to walk.  Help!

2 comments:

Molly Bea said...

NICE! Jayden would LOVE this! HE also is obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with all daddy/work/building/tractor stuff. It is so cute. He is posative that daddy goes to work to "play" with tractors and cries when he leaves...still. Our boys would have even more fun (and a lot more mischeif) together now that they're older!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE IT... I miss you guys! :) We need to get WEB-CAMMIN' with ya'll! :) oxoxox