Dad took all the kids to the park while Aunt Tiffany and I finished getting ready for the big party. I am not sure Allison cared, but the boys were very concerned that we had a proper party with cake, ice cream, and presents. We started with one of Allie's favorite dinners - pasta, of course. I must also point out that her expression in the above photo is what you get when you ask Allie to smile. She squints so hard you cannot see her eyes. Funny girl!
After dinner we moved on to presents. We made the mistake of having the presents in sight during dinner, and needless to say, Allie did not eat much of her dinner. She kept pointing and saying, "presents, presents, presents...." Make sure to click on the photos and really look at her expressions. She was so excited about EVERY gift.
Every time she opened a gift, she had to try it out, or on, as the case may be.
Putting her birthday money from Tiff (or as Allie calls her Ti-ti) in her shiny new piggy bank from Grammie. Yes this piggy has a tiara and tutu.
New pj's! Allie was VERY jealous a few nights ago when she saw her friend Elizabeth in a nightgown. All she wants to wear lately are dresses and skirts, and of course, all her pj's were pants and shorts.
Yes, she is squatting to quickly take off her clothes so she can try on her new pj's.
Matching nightgown for her baby doll. She was thrilled!
Checking out her new slippers.
Yeah! More clothes and shoes from Grand Ma & Pa Jones to try on!
DJ just had to try something on as well. Yes Uncle Don, he did this by himself!
Allie spent the rest of the evening walking around in her nightgown carrying the gift bags that she had filled up with toys, clothes and shoes. She even said "shopping" several times. I think we should be nervous.
Unfortunately, we did not get a still shot of Allie blowing out her candles. I have a video clip I hope to post tomorrow. Check back, because Allison sings a beautiful version of Happy Birthday to herself.
Happy Birthday Allie Grace! We Love You!!!
XOXOXO
2 comments:
Allison and Elizabeth are 2 peas in a pod. :)
Wonderful party! Logan does the same thing when you ask him to smile (squinting really hard), it's pretty hilarious what these kids do. I love it :) Happy Birthday to Allie! :)
Post a Comment