Saturday, October 2, 2010

Soccer

I feel bad I don't have more pictures, since there are only two weeks left, but really, these games just have to be experienced.  If anyone has ever seen a bunch of four year olds playing soccer, you will know.  It is hysterical.  The boys are more interested is seeing friends, and wearing their soccer gear than they are with making contact with the ball.  Conner is adorable.  He does not like confrontation, or competition, so he runs around, a safe distance from the chaos, cheering for his team.  Cayden is actually quite a good goalie.
When asking the boys if they want to play soccer again, they both said "Yes!" with great enthusiasm.   Cayden will be a great player one day.  However, I have reservations about Conner.  Besides the fact that his doctor has said that contact, aggressive, team sports are not a good choice for him, he doesn't really play.  So, I had the following conversation with him:
Me: Conner, do you like running?
Conner: No.
Me: Do you like being goalie?
Conner: No.
Me: Do you like kicking the ball?
Conner: No, it hurts.
Me: Do you think we should find something that you might like better?
Conner: Yes! I want to do rock climbing!

So, Conner will focus on swimming and rock climbing, and will still be able to cheer at Cayden's soccer games.