I must first mention how FABULOUS our pediatrician was through all of this! He met us at the ER, stayed the entire night with us (through all the tests, paperwork, etc.), attended the surgery, explained everything very well, helped us get to our new room (which he pulled some strings to get - we were with the newborns even though she is almost 1 because he thought she would receive better care!), and checked back often. He left briefly between 3 and 6 am on Sunday morning, but only because he had to be at a delivery. With all of our surgery/hospital experience, I have to say, this was the best. He was great!
When Dr. David came in to check on Allison this morning, she was standing in the crib, rattling the metal railing, babbling, and trying to pull off all of her wires, and of course setting off the alarms in the process. He said, "When a kid is pulling off their own wires, and demanding food, I think it is time to go home!" Yippeee!! I was a little nervous, since they said 3 days in the hospital was standard for this procedure, but also a little relieved since she wanted to get up, out, and crawl around - which was not really possibly in a room full of newborns. I was not very optimistic about leaving immediately when he said this, as I have checked out of hospitals many times now, and know the amount of paperwork, sign-offs, discharge instructions, etc. that go along with leaving. It has taken us 8 hours before to get everything ready to actually walk out the door. I am not sure how it happened (probably the awesome pediatrician) but we left the hospital about 9am, stocked with formula, diapers, wipes, lotion, new thermometer, etc. This is one of the few perks to a hospital stay - they always load us up with so much free stuff when we leave!
Allison's bowels are definitely working - she blew out of her diaper on the way home. I cannot complain, I guess it means everything is working properly. :) She is now napping, so happy to be in her own bed.
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and help with Conner & Cayden!
I took this just after she succeeded in ripping off all of her wires/monitors. She was so proud of herself, and definitely back to the Allison we know!
About to rip some equipment off the wall....do not worry, I stopped her.
4 comments:
wow! What an ordeal! I am glad it turned out well and that you are home!
Glad to hear you've made it home.
So glad to hear that all went well. We've been thinking of you guys. Kiss the little babe for us!
That little girl is sooo dang cute! :) Holy moly! I MISS you guys... you better Skype me sometime soon... just not in the next little bit, going to try to nap while DJ is napping! Miss you, big hugs! oxox
Post a Comment