Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Craziness

If you couldn't tell by the lack of posting, we are a bit crazy here in the Jones household.  To give a very brief summary. . . 
  • Keir took the scouts to camp and was gone for seven days.
  • He returned Friday at about 8:30 pm.
  • I left for Boston, Satuday morning at 5am to go house hunting.
  • I was gone for five days, and returned home at 4 am due to a delayed flight.
  • We are now sorting, packing, selling, tossing our stuff preparing for our BIG move.
  • After a lot of prayers, and not being too proud to run out of our house and meet the nice couple writing down the number on our "for rent" sign, we finally have someone to rent our home.  Huge relief!
I've learned that packing with the children around is IMPOSSIBLE!  Allie is so scared of the packing tape dispenser that she literally shakes and cries, the kind of cry that even frightens me to watch her.  She is terrified.  The boys on the other hand want to "help" but they usually end up taking more out of the boxes than they put in.

We leave two weeks from yesterday.  I should go get packing while Allie is asleep. . . .

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I WISH you could somehow send your kids to me for two weeks!!!!!!! So you could get the house all packed without having to worry about them!! SOO GLAD your house rented out already! :) PHEW!

Joel H said...

Curious - why choose to rent? Just looking for the upswing in the market?

Lindsay said...

We chose to rent because there are 13 homes for sale in our small neighborhood, and nothing is selling.

Broadhurst Family said...

Lindsay, Good luck and best wishes on your move to Boston. After many moves while Doug was a pilot for the USAF I know your pain. emember this too will pass. Take some time for yourself to rest and breathe. Mommies don/t always take time out for themself. God bless you and your family, and travel safely. I will anxiously await your blog from your new home. Love to you, Annette from Kaiser