We walked into Lowes one evening, and an employee was demonstrating a leaf blower. We pretended to know what we were talking about, and somehow it came up that we had just moved to the area. The guy got a funny look on his face and then said, "so, you will be raking your leaves this year, right?" So, of course we had to buy the leaf blower. We obviously did not know what we were in for. Well, we soon found out. I am still bummed I did not take some pictures of the hundreds of landscape trucks turned into leaf eating/mulching machines that lined the streets of every neighborhood. The sound of fall in New England is the humming of leaf blowers outside. Anyhow, the guy at Lowes did not tell us that 90% of the people do not even attempt their "fall cleanup" on their own. They hire professionals. And, by that I mean six men walking in a line with their commercial leaf blowers across your yard in the direction of their truck which has a giant vacuum attached to suck up all the leaves. If you cannot already tell, I am amazed by the amount of leaves here in the fall, and by the army of men who clean them up. Keir and the boys cleaned up our leaves while Allie and I were in California for Grammie's birthday. Here is the before shot. (Which is actually not a true before shot, because you can see some green grass, and a pile of leaves at the bottom of the slide.)
Please notice all the leaves still in the trees . . . which means we are not done yet.
Next year we will have to go on one of the many "leaf looking" tours so we can appreciate the beautiful leaves, and not just think about cleaning them up when they fall - because they are beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment