Friday, March 26, 2010

It was a good blender . . .

Our fabulous Kitchen Aid blender died this morning while I was making my morning shake. I was just about finished when a horrible noise made me think something (like a spoon) had fallen into the blender. This is what I found. It lasted a good seven years! We are currently searching for a replacement. Anyone have a favorite? The Vita-mix and Blendtec are the current contenders.


2 comments:

Dakin said...

I love my new kitchen aid blender because its so easy to clean -- add a drop of soap, a bit of water, mix, dump, and rinse. SO easy. Its all one piece and you never have to remove the blade. Its not as powerful as the vitamix but I'd rather have easy clean up. Just my 2 cents :) And I bought a converter just so I could keep it along with my mixer and food processor.

Lindsay said...

Thanks Dakin! Yes, our old Kitchen Aid blender had to come apart into four pieces to clean - kind of a pain! However, all the blenders now including kitchen aid, vita-mix, and blendtec are one piece and easy cleaning. We are currently giving the vita-mix a test drive to see if it is worth the extra $$.