Conner asked repeatedly last year to ride the bus to/from school. Even though we were less than a mile from the school, the program Conner is in provides a bus if you want it. And, boy did he want it!! Every time he saw a friend get on or off the bus he would ask "when do I get to ride the bus?!?" I kept telling him that he would be able to, but . . .
I wanted to take him the first few weeks...
I wanted to talk to the teachers...
I wanted to meet and chat with other moms...
Cayden LOVED going to pick him up...
I felt silly (and certainly not very green!) having a bus when we live within walking distance to the school...
And so, it never happened.
Since we had to move, we are now on the other side of town. (Okay, I admit, the other side of town is still only 3.5 miles from his school.) But, when talking about his summer program, he began asking again. I gave in! I called up Dean, and said yes! Conner would ride the bus home from school during the summer program Monday through Thursday. Conner could not contain his excitement! I was the embarrassing mom who on the first day, went to the school, made sure Conner was escorted to the bus, buckled in his booster seat, took a few pictures, and then raced home to beat the bus.
Conner was SO SUPER EXCITED!!
Cayden and Allie were just as excited to race home and wait for him!
Besides the pure joy in the children, my favorite part of the whole deal is letting Allie nap longer! All last year I would have to wake her up from her nap to go pick Conner up from school. Who knew that she would sleep an additional hour every day!?
Now, Conner is begging to ride the bus to school in the morning as well. Still thinking about this one...
1 comment:
Ha ha, that is so cute! Sometimes, you just have to give in, right?
Post a Comment