Sunday, November 16, 2008

Movies, Fix'n Floors, Popcorn and Sleeping on the Couch

On Thursday morning Conner and Cayden woke up to find Mom and Allison gone...no where to be found. They were very sad that they didn't get a chance to say good-bye and give hugs and kisses before they left to California for Gandpa Foulk's 70th birthday party. As sad as they were, we were able to quickly transition to BOY'S WEEKEND mode.

Thursday night after school and work we headed to Glenwood Springs for haircuts, Chili's, and Target. The haircuts were not the highlight of that trip, but I managed to bribe them to enjoy it by offering ice cream after dinner.

Friday I picked them both up from Ms Diana's house and we headed straight for the movies...Madagascar 2. In the opening scene the song "I like to move it move it" came on and Conner jumped out of seat and started dancing. Halfway through the movie, Cayden who was sitting on my lap and shoveling popcorn in his mouth, took a quick break and said "Dad, Mom said we could see two movies at the movie theater. So we have to stay and watch another one tonight." When the movie ended Conner got out of his seat and yelled--as loud as Conner can yell, which isn't very loud, "Dad I LOVED that movie!!" Cayden then said, "Dad that movie was crack-a-lack'n!!" (which is a quote from the Zebra in the movie). We got home fairly early so we headed up stairs and popped in Kung Poo Panda--woops that how Conner and Cayden say it--its really Kung Fu Panda. We got our pj's on, grabed our blankets and pillows, and spent the night on the couch.

Saturday was a pretty low key day. We "fixed" the floor. Went to the lumber yard. Had Subway for lunch. Took naps--just the boys, Dad worked. And worked on the floor some more. After dinner Conner and Cayden almost ran up stairs and got their pj's on. I came up stairs and they were sitting on the couches and asked if they could fall asleep watching movies again. So we got cozy for long night of movies. I headed downstairs to make the popcorn. Conner feel asleep eating his popcorn. The only way I was able to get Cayden to sleep was turn off the TV at 11:00!! Way past his bed time!

Today is Sunday and we decided to take the day off of church and get the house ready for Mom and Allison's return home. I'm folding small mountains of laundry. Conner and Cayden are cleaning up the playroom...sorta...in between running to their room to fly Mom's airplane (their bed) back to Colorado. We're going to finish up some loose end around the house and then back to the fix'n the floor. Of course we'll have Hawaii noodles for lunch. And Mom and Allie should be home for dinner.

I don't know about Conner and Cayden, but I've loved BOY'S WEEKEND!! I'm pretty certain that Cayden would tell you this weekend was "Crack-a-lack'n!!"

1 comment:

Molly Bea said...

All daddys need a boys weekend every now and then, right? So we saw Mad 2 over a week ago, Jayden didn't really seem that impressed, which surprised me because Trev and I were hysterical (maybe b/c Jayden was distracted by the thought of riding the arcade motorcycle after the movie as he was promised )anyway, today out of the blue he walks over to me and does that little hand over the straight to smiling face thing. I couldn't figure out where he learned it, so I asked and he told me that's what the lion did...amazing he they pick up on things so quickly! Too fun!