Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Party For Mom

My Birthday was on Thursday, and we went out to eat at one of our favorite places.  When we returned home, Conner and Cayden were very concerned that we did not have cake and ice cream.  They were actually so upset that Keir put a candle on an ice cream sandwich and they sang to me.  Such sweet boys.  Then on Sunday Keir made dinner, Grammie made my favorite cake, and we had the "party" the boys were anxiously waiting for.  Since I always let them pick the kind of cake they want, they kept asking me what kind of cake I wanted.  They are referring to the shape of the cake, not the flavor.  You know, a Curious George cake, Nemo cake, dump truck cake, etc.  They told me that I should have a princess cake, so Grammie made my cake in a bundt pan and we called it a princess crown.


They were so excited, they couldn't help but blow the candles out for me.  Does my wish still count?

I think it is great that our kids remind us to have a little fun and make sure we celebrate!  Thanks for the party!

No comments: