Last week was Spring Break, and we spent a few days in Denver to visit Children's Hospital for some appointments for Conner. As usual, he does not want to go, and says that he will IF we can go to Chuck E Cheese after. How could I say no? He had FOUR different appointments, and was such a trooper. We need to find another place in Denver that Conner will think is a treat....any suggestions?
Keir was not able to come this time, but we were so lucky to have my niece Natalie with us. I couldn't have done it without her. Thank you, Natalie!
Please notice Allison's hair in this picture. Yes, her hair is standing on end, and it is like this every day. I can get a small amount in the little clip to keep the front down and out of her eyes, but the back is ALWAYS standing up. Too funny!
The outcome of all Conner's appointments on Thursday was mixed. Conner needs two (totally unrelated) surgeries that we will schedule once school is out. Although it is more surgery, more doctors, more time in the hospital, and will mean at least eight weeks without hearing aids (Super Ears), they may do both at the same time - which might make it a little easier. (If that's possible.) Again, poor kid! I am grateful for him, his strength, and his absolutely joyous personality. I learn so much from him! He just keeps going, and never asks why. His last appointment on Thursday was with Jackie, his audiologist, and Conner loves Jackie. He couldn't wait to see her and play the "games" in the sound booth - which is how they check his hearing, and hearing aids. Conner's hearing tested the same - which is great! Jackie also made new ear molds due to a "not great" fit last time, and trying a new material that ended up annoying Conner. He requested yellow Super Ears, because he remembered the yellow pair (two visits ago) that fit great. Such a smart kid. He cannot wait for his new Yellow Super Ears to arrive. I was glad this was the last appointment of the day, and we ended on a happy note.
1 comment:
Conner is an awesome, sweet-natured, LOVING, caring sweet boy! I love that he is getting himself dressed!!! Growing up!
Post a Comment