Sunday, June 7, 2009

Garage Sale Saturday

Saturday was our neighborhood garage sale, and boy did we have a lot of junk (or treasures depending on the person) to unload!  We made $700, and only spent 3 hours Friday evening collecting stuff around the house, crawl space, etc. and 4 hours Saturday morning gettin' rid of it.  If only we had spent more time preparing . . . . I keep looking around the house thinking, oh, I could have sold that too, we never use it!  Maybe we will have to do another one this summer.  Allie LOVED her first donut, and screamed the rest of the day when she saw the box, but couldn't have another!



I was pretty worried that the boys would protest about some of the toys we were selling, but they were pretty good.  Cayden picked one thing he just couldn't let go of and then they were actually pretty excited to let other kids have a chance to play with toys they hadn't used in a while.  A success!

No comments: