Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Best Beach Ever!

I know, I am probably not allowed to say that I found the best beach EVER on the east coast, since I grew up in California, so let me clarify.  If you are looking for great waves to surf, this beach is not for you.  However, if you have little ones, and want to let them play in the water ALL DAY by themselves, and not worry once if they will get knocked over by a wave, this is the perfect beach! It was even warm enough that I went in - which is saying a lot, since I am a big wimp when it comes to cold water.  Here are some shots from our fun day with friends!  (By the way, I am spending the rest of summer having fun with the kids, and will resume unpacking once school starts.)
All the kids!  We managed to arrive and leave with the same number!

One of the families we went with is from the Bay Area, and has two boys and a girl, exactly the same ages as ours!  I think we will be spending more time with them!  Here are all six kids.

Elizabeth & Allison 
BFF's already

Not a great shot, but wanted to show the little waves they were sitting in and loving.

Cayden & Zach

Conner doing what he loves, wandering around exploring, by himself.

In the distance to the right you can see a big sand bar we walked over to and played on for a while.  The boys loved that they could walk all the way over there (to the "island"), and the water only came to their waist.

Same location, one hour later.  The sand bar disappeared.  Even though the tide began to come in, the water was still perfect for the little ones to play.


I like this shot for two reasons: One, it shows how far in the distance the beach stays shallow enough to play in.  Two, Allie wanted to play with EVERYONE, even these two teenagers we did not know.  Funny girl!

2 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like so much fun! I am so glad you have met a family with the same age kids as you, so lucky! I hope you like the mom....just realize she probably won't be as fun as me, but make the best of it! (If the mom is reading this....I bet you are lovely! Take care of my friend! I miss her much! Oh, and sorry you have such big shoes to fill ;)hahahaha

Tiffany said...

LOOKS LIKE A BLAST!! :) Sooo glad that you have people you know there to play with. It seems that you are having a GREAT time there... keep it up! I'm happy for you... the unpacking can wait! :) XOXO