I am pleased to announce that I did not cry this morning! Yippee! Conner started kindergarten this morning, and boy was he excited!
The kids put their backpack on the line, and can play until the bell rings. Today, they also got name tags to wear when they dropped off their backpack. This is the neatest school ever, and has a little playground just outside the front door of his classroom.

Cayden had a few moments when I thought he might cry (because he wants to go to school so badly!), but overall he did great and was excited for Conner. Cayden's preschool does not start until next week.

Allie was more interested in the PTO snacks at the parent breakfast.
Just to show how lucky we are..... This school has a program (ISS) for the special education kids, and there are 3 kinders in this program. They have their classroom teacher, two classroom aids assigned specifically to these 3 children, AND a special education teacher, assigned to these 3, and 3 in first grade. (Yep, that is right, six kids - while most special education teachers have over 30 kids on their caseload!!) The typical developing children only stay mornings, while these 3 children get to stay all day, four days a week. During the afternoons, they are provided with physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. They even get to go do swimming therapy every other Friday. Also during the afternoons, the special education teacher gives them a preview of what will happen the next day with their entire class - so when the time comes, they will hopefully absorb as much as their classmates. This afternoon time can also be used to review past activities. I am amazed with the program, and know we are in the right place for Conner!
3 comments:
I love it! I am so happy for you guys. Conner looks like he loves it too. I am amazed at how perfect this all seems custom fit for your family. Congratulations. We look forward to visiting.
I'M CRYING... AGAIN... about the amazingness that you ended up in Boston! This is INCREDIBLE... what an amazing school. You would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER find that in CA or in a LOT of other places for that matter.
Wow, I'm impressed. I thought for sure I wasn't going to cry but I did a little.
The school is awesome!! Sounds liek they really know what they are doing. What a blessing.
Post a Comment