Friday, January 16, 2009

Sledding

Prior to our sledding trip today, I had not taken the kids this year because I thought it would be a five person job.  I just remember last year - snow in the boots, crying, lost gloves, crying, tipping over, crying, messy diapers, couldn't climb back up the hill, crying, too cold, crying, etc. Well, as I write this I am still in shock, that we were out there for almost two hours, and not once did anyone cry - not even Allison.  They had the best time!  Cayden did not need any help whatsoever!!  He amazed me!  He climbed the hill, pulling the sled, jumped on, and went for it all by himself - over and over again!  Conner had a great time as well, and always wanted to dive off the sled halfway down the hill so he could roll down the rest of the way.  I was especially nervous since this year the boys are potty trained, but Conner took it upon himself to find a tree, zip down his snowsuit and take care of business.  Fun times!!





Conner taking a rest.
Cayden pushing the tube up the hill.
They slid so far this time, they landed in the park!

If you don't believe how hard Cayden played/worked, just take a look at this sweaty noggin!  Yuck!

1 comment:

LindsiDee said...

I can just hear his cute scratchy little voice! SO much fun!