Most days I'm off at work or meetings for 10-12 hours, which with three awesome little kids is the better part of their day. If I could, I'd spend all day playing with them....maybe that's why I didn't ski but only one day this whole season. During the work week I miss so much and only get to hear the fun stories over dinner. That is until Lindsay sits down at her computer and gets to work.
Lindsay is the best wife and Mom three great kids and an mediocre Dad could want!! She is diligent about posting to our blog so that our families can all keep up with the Colorado Jones'. Over the year's she's made some unbelievable birthday cakes for the kids and has chronicled their lives in some pretty cool scrapbooks.
But what really makes Lindsay the best wife and Mom EVER is her extraordinary amount of selflessness. What she didn't blog about this week is how sick she's been--even last night while she was blogging she said, "it feels like my head is going to burst!" A long winter with sick kids, crazy changes in temperature--Mother Nature can't decide if its Spring or Winter--and a whole lot of other stressful things caught up to her this week and knocked her flat on her back! She wouldn't even call someone to watch the kids, she just toughed it out as best as she could. I did step in and got some of our friends to watch the kids so she could rest. But even when she's healthy and her head's not going to explode, she's the last to get a bath or a shower. Meals for the kids come first. Getting Conner to his many therapy appointments or doctor visits takes priority over a hair cut, manicures, a quick trip to the gym or even hanging out with friends for a play date. Not to mention keeping up with and entertaining Cayden...that kid is a handful!! And now that Allie is getting ready to walk its going to get real nutty! Lindsay is ALL kid and family time and ZERO personal time. There have been days when I've said, "boy, I'd sure like to just be a stay home dad...you can go to work again Lindsay." But you know what, I couldn't do what Lindsay does. What she does daily is amazing!
Lindsay...MOM...we know you know this, but its nice to hear it when you least expect it...
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR OUR FAMILY!!!!
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!
4 comments:
Moms are the best! Aren't they!
Linds
You ARE amazing Linds! and Keir, that was sweet, I'm sure it made her day :) Moms need to hear that once in a while!
Im in tears!!! Keir, that was soo sweet! :) LOVE IT! Lindsay IS amazing... and you are too! :) We love & miss you!! xoxo -The Texas Kurtz's :)
Keir, you're awesome for doing this. Lindsay does deserve to be publicly appreciated. Go super mom!!
Post a Comment