In observance of Rosh Hashanah there was no school today, so we met some friends, and went apple picking. Growing up, I had never done this, but it is very popular out here on the east coast, and there are many different orchards. This one seems to be the most popular to take kids. There are goats, pigs, two different mazes, a hayride, and of course, tons of apples!
Notice, these pigs have three houses to choose from, one made of straw, one of sticks, and one of bricks. Conner thought this was funny and waited to see which one they used, but they never went in. Too many kids throwing food to rest!
It was a little chilly, and Cayden refused to wear his windbreaker because it was "scratchy" so he wore Allie's pink fleece.....until one of the older boys asked why he was wearing pink. Kids are cruel to each other. He could've cared less until he was being teased. Overall, he handled the situation well.
You can tell by the number of pictures that Allie stayed near me, and the boys went running. The apples, doughnuts, and pie were all delicious! We will definitely return, and next time I promised the boys they could go through the giant hedge maze - with dad, since I do not think Allie (or the stroller) would have made it.
2 comments:
Yes! Just got the feed to work. Now I'll really be able to see what you're up to. Apple picking sounds so very fun.
Wow, that looks really fun. I love the photos of Allie trying to eat her apples. That's a big mouthful!
Post a Comment