Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finished!!!

Conner has a new descending aorta, made of gore tex, 14mm diameter, 5 inches long, and we will be able to see him in about an hour!  The surgeon said Conner did great, and only threw one curve ball - which is when they decided to use bypass, and cut a larger incision to have a better view and working area.  His blood pressure is now identical in his lower and upper body.  He chose to do nothing with the collateral vessel at this point thinking that would have been too much during one procedure, AND because anything he decides to do with the collateral can be done via catheter at a later date.   Overall, everything went fantastic!  Now the waiting to see him....

9 comments:

Basaltine said...

This is great news! I have been thinking of you all day! I updated the preschool and Maddy... they often talk about Conner!

I so wish we were closer so I could give you both a huge hug!

Your family has been in our thoughts and prayers since we heard of Conne's surger. Take care and we look forward to more post!
xoxo The Smith's

Janelle said...

Such great news! Now on to a quick recovery!

LindsiDee said...

I am so happy!! He is such a tough cookie!!! Way to go mom and dad! We will keep the prayers coming! Love you!
Stevens family

Jennifer Lee said...

I think I speak for your entire MCHW family when I say HOORAY! This is wonderful news! Hugs to all of you!

Betsy Escandon said...

Just got a chance to check in on little Conner. David and I are so happy to hear that the procedure went well. We hope for a quick recovery. Hope you get to see him soon!

Anonymous said...

The entire Wellesley High School Boys Basketball team was thinking about Conner throughout the entire day and into our practice. We are so pleased to hear the good news. Please let Conner know he is 1-0 as our assistant coach!!

Ezzie said...

We are so thrilled to the wonderful news about Conner's successful surgery! Please know we will continue to keep Conner and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers. I certainly hope you both are able to finally get some well deserved rest (at least for a few hours!). Thinking of you all and again, thank you for sharing the wonderful news.

The Clark Family: Eunice, Kevin, Harry and Phoebe

Blake Blogs said...

Yeah! Can't wait to visit Connor and especially can't wait until he can play here again. I'm thinking you and Keir should have a weekend away this spring! Give Connor our love!

Unknown said...

We've been thinking about your whole family all day, so glad things went well hope the recovery is as positive!!

Love from the Rocky Mountains, Michael, Lyn and Drew