Monday, January 3, 2011

Overwhelmed

...in many ways.

Conner's surgery is less than two days away, and I am overwhelmed at the thought of handing my sweet six year old over to a team of doctors for open heart surgery.  I always knew open heart surgery was pretty serious, but when your child is about to go through it, and you spend (way too many) hours reading about sternotomies, bypass, grafts, etc. it just hits you in a different way.

I am also overwhelmed by the number of phone calls and emails I have received in the last two days with offers to help.  I apologize if I owe you a phone call or email.  Please know that your call/email means a lot, and just knowing that Conner is in your thoughts and prayers brings comfort to us.  Grandma Jones is here to be with Allie and Cayden, and has a list of names & numbers should she need anything.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends!

I promise to keep the blog updated with the latest.  The cardiac ICU does not allow cell phones, so email and/or blog updates will probably be our primary method of communication.

We take Conner in tomorrow at 7:30am for the final pre-op meetings and exams, and his surgery will be on Wednesday morning.

Love & Hugs


5 comments:

lauren said...

Good luck Conner!

Mama Bree said...

Good luck Conner - and big hugs to you (and the rest of the fam) Lindsay!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!! :)

Betsy Escandon said...

Oh my goodness, we'll be thinking of you! Just got your beautiful card. Hope you get that dream house soon.

SSE said...

Lindsay, we just opened your beautiful card. We are thinking about you and wishing Conner and all of you the very, very best. Please let me know if there is any way I can help!

www.kearnspics.blogspot.com said...

We love you all and are praying for your darling little boy. Please let Andy or I know if we can do anything. We want to visit as soon as he wants us and I have luau pork, caramel apples, anything available at a moments notice! Much love and aloha!
Heather and family