Monday, January 3, 2011
Never a Dull Moment
Allie decided to make things a bit more exciting for us this week, and came down with a fever with rapid breathing/wheezing tonight. Given our week, I immediately called our pediatrician, who saw us at 7:20 pm on a Monday night. He gave her a breathing treatment, listened to her chest again, and then sent us to the ER for a chest x-ray and a variety of other tests. I could hardly believe it. As if we didn't have enough going on! :) The ER gave her a second breathing treatment since her oxygen levels were still low, and then did a flu swab, rsv test, and chest x-ray. All I could think about was the possibility of Allie having pneumonia and being admitted to the hospital - a different hospital than the one Conner would be in!?! OR...Conner getting sick as well, and having to postpone Conner's surgery. In the end, Allie did not have RSV, the flu, or pneumonia. A cold just settled in her chest and caused difficulty breathing. We were sent home about midnight with a nebulizer, and some prednisone. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Also - This reminds me of the time we had major appointments for Conner at Children's Hospital in Denver, and Allie decided to join us one month early while in Denver....just to add more excitement to our trip. I hope this isn't becoming a pattern! :)
Post a Comment