Thursday, January 6, 2011
Drink, Please??
Only one parent is allowed to stay the night in the cardiac ICU, so I left Keir with Conner and went to a boarding room across the hospital for a few hours last night. While I am not sure if I really got any sleep, I did lay down and try to rest for a while. I was anxious to be back by 5:30, knowing that surgical rounds are usually at 6am. When I walked in, I was not expecting a change, but Keir quickly told me that Conner has been responsive, and was even asking for water using his sign language, and barely lifting his hand off the bed. I said good morning to him, and received a smile back. Oh, such a sweet boy! It is very obvious that the breathing tube bothers him by his facial expressions, but hopefully that will come out today...and then 4-6 hours later he will be able to have an ice chip or two. We are now waiting for the doctor to come by and give his plan for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a sweet boy! Such good news! Try to rest Sis. We love you sooo much. This is amazing. Loving the information you post... Kinda selfish of me since I'm not there... but keep up the awesome blog posts. :) xoxoxo
Post a Comment